It’s Guilty Pleasure Time…!
I’ve been postponing this for a couple of months and it’s about time it went up. Mariano Laurenti’s 1970’s Italian sex comedy, “L’Infermiera di Notte” [Eng. Title: Night Nurse] could be totally forgotten as another below average film in its genre, if not for signorina bellissima Annamaria Clementi.
She makes an appearance only in three scenes – individual sketches that have little relevance to the main plot, but definitely worth the ticket price.
Here’s the story – Lucia keeps a tight rein at home on her horny dentist-husband Nicola, but who freely fools around at work, including patient Zaira. Lucia’s long lost ‘rich’ uncle Saverio is brought to her home – apparently bedridden. He wants to write his final will before dying. The uncle is actually already dead, and a friend of his has taken his place – to get his hands on a precious diamond hidden amongst Lucia’s old crystal chandelier. To keep the ‘uncle’ well looked after until he hands them over his fortune, Angela is employed as night nurse to take care for him.
Nudity: Paola Senatore, Gloria Guida, and Francesca Romana Coluzzi
- Zaira tells Nicola off for flirting with a patient’s niece – Angela. He shows her his newly arrived dentist’s chair. Zaira is played by Paola Senatore.
- No nudity but sexy – Zaira’s wants some fun, but Nicola is tired after a ‘busy’ night with wife Lucia. He therefore asks her, “…since you’re already here, why not get yourself a dental check-up love..!”. Wife comes visiting, and he tucks Zaira away in the x-ray room.
- Nocila’s assistant is sent to hand over Zaira’s knickers she’d left behind. Apparently she doesn’t normally wear them – only for Nicola (and now his assistant)!
- Silly mayhem – Nicola heats up uncle’s room so he could see Angela sweat and take her kit off, and it happens predictably. Angela is played by a very dishy Gloria Guida.
- Nicola doing the rounds notices his wife Lucia asleep outside the door to Gloria’s room – he suddenly finds her attractive. Lucia is played by Francesca Romana Coluzzi.
- Nicola’s son Carlo falls for Angela and upon advice from his dad, decides to make her ‘pregnant’. Almost the entire second half of the film is taken up by their romance – oh and Guida gets to sing a whole song too.
Nudity: Annamaria Clementi
Annamaria Clementi plays Nicola’s neighbour downstairs. She’s the wife of a not-so-successful boxer. Apparently he must not be good in bed either, hence she targets Nicola’s son Carlo – a student doing pharmacology. These are certainly sexy and funny, and possibly the only reason to watch the film (or own the DVD, as in my case).
- Annamaria interrupts Carlo – on his way to college, to come in and give her a quick check up, and perhaps use his magic touch to massage those troublesome areas. When Carlo learns that her hubby is a boxer, he sneaks out quietly.
- The second time – it’s a hard-to-reach tap in the kitchen that needs looking into, and only Carlo can help. He soon gets working on Annamaria as well, but when he learns the hubby is in the toilet, he leaves hastily. Carlo’s father sees him leave the neighbour’s flat and comes in enquiring.
- This time, Annamaria welcomes Carlo in the buff, and drags the shocked bloke into bed, but when hubby gets knocked out very early during a match, he had to be brought home, disrupting their party.